Happy Birthday to Myself

My prayer has always been not to be a product of the environment but for the environment to be a product of me. As I celebrate my 26th Anniversary this day on the 08/August as a citizen of this crazy world, I do hope that the many years ahead of me act as a living testimony to other citizens who share the same bed of thoughts with me.

Needless to say, I was born in a generation where the peace, favor, joy and abundance of ‘things’ that our grand fathers had is no more. Many of my cohorts for many years cry foul of the joblessness, the poor social services, the biting poverty, the political confusion and the social hopelessness in our environment.

However at time like this just a few days after seeing a friend just met his death at fall down without any sign of illness and without any complaint at all, I must admit that regardless of what we are going through we must not live a borrowed life, not even a left over life but a life of gratitude, optimism and enthusiasm. I will congratulate my God for bringing me this far and allowing me to blog till this day. God bless the bloggers.

Comments

Popular Posts