A biblical perspective on these Shameless Men with Dirty Hands, Wicked Thoughts & Evil Plans

The mysteries surrounding Africa and Uganda in particular is very disheartening and absorbing in many ways. In recent times we have seen our nation engage in the highest levels of political mediocrity, financial misfortune and socially immorality that has exposed the so called 'honorable members' of our society. The shameless men and women have for long capitalized on our ignorance (Uganda surely lacks a critical mass) through greed, deceit, pride and arrogance to entice us to their political ambitions destroying the political, economic and social systems that tax payers had built. However some of the key lessons i have learnt from this is from King Solomon, the wisest man that ever lived. He had a full life - all the pleasures of this earth; wealth, an institute of beautiful wives & concubines, the favor of God and above all wisdom and understanding.

At the risk of seeing everything as meaningless, the king is dismayed by how human understanding is indeed foolishness to God, how lustful and desirable the flesh can be yet never satisfied and how puffed up man makes a fool of himself to the point where our leaders of today have no idea what lies ahead of them.


In Ecclesiastes 2:4-11
, the ambitious King Solomon assures us that 4 I undertook great projects: I built houses for myself and planted vineyards. 5 I made gardens and parks and planted all kinds of fruit trees in them. 6 I made reservoirs to water groves of flourishing trees. 7 I bought male and female slaves and had other slaves who were born in my house. I also owned more herds and flocks than anyone in Jerusalem before me.

8 I amassed silver and gold for myself, and the treasure of kings and provinces. I acquired male and female singers, and a harem as well—the delights of a man’s heart. 9 I became greater by far than anyone in Jerusalem before me. In all this my wisdom stayed with me (do we not understand). 10 I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my labor, and this was the reward for all my toil. 11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.

Remember in all this wisdom was at the forefront of his abundant life. I am however very shocked, utterly speechless though not surprised that Africans (speaking to our leaders) have never ever learnt that judgement awaits us - the wrath of God will not be quenched with anything else unless man opts to do what is justly, righteous and acceptable before the eyes of the Lord. Why is man's heart so hardened that mere money has made him the devil's advocate and agent? Why?

The answer to this why will then be taken from the hard lessons David, King Solomon had to learn in his reign as a king. King David reminds these so called 'heroes' in Psalm 52 that its just a matter of time; to this i give them an opportunity to read this:-

1 Why do you boast of evil, you mighty hero? Why do you boast all day long, you who are a disgrace in the eyes of God? 2 You who practice deceit, your tongue plots destruction; it is like a sharpened razor. 3 You love evil rather than good, falsehood rather than speaking the truth. 4 You love every harmful word, you deceitful tongue!

5 Surely God will bring you down to everlasting ruin: He will snatch you up and pluck you from your tent; he will uproot you from the land of the living (God's power is not comparable to any, we are mere mortals)6 The righteous will see and fear; they will laugh at you, saying, 7 “Here now is the man who did not make God his stronghold but trusted in his great wealth and grew strong by destroying others!”

A prudent David, one of the mightiest kings reminds us that
8 But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever. 9 For what you have done I will always praise you in the presence of your faithful people. And I will hope in your name, for your name is good.

If only someone could read this, may be or may be not BUT i can assure you that God is watching and has given each one opportunities to repent (remember that though His grace is sufficient He is a jealous God, a consuming fire) - soon every man that traded on deceit, theft, pride and immorality will have to account for every tear, pain and death caused to the harmless, innocent, humble and precious children of God.

Comments

Popular Posts